Rapid Launch content launches in your web browser. In certain cases a pop-up window may be used to present the content and this requires your browser to allow pop-up windows to be launched from the Rapid Launch website.
When launching Rapid Launch content, your browser may display a query about allowing pop-up windows - if this is the case choose the option to "Always allow" pop-up windows from the Rapid Launch website and if necessary attempt to launch the content again. If you do not receive a query from your web browser and the content does not launch, you may need to change your browser settings to enable pop-up windows - to do this please follow the procedure outlined below (there may be slight differences depending on the version of the browser you are using).
Please also note that add-on software (e.g. toolbars) can also prevent pop-up windows from displaying - refer to the help documentation for any add-ons that you have installed.
Note that your local workstation may be set up to prevent you from making changes to your browser settings, in which case you will need to contact your local IT support for assistance.
Enabling Pop-up Windows in Chrome
- Click on the Chrome menu icon in the top right of the toolbar, then select Settings
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings
- In the Privacy section, click on Content settings...
- Scroll down to the Pop-ups section and click Manage exceptions...
- In the Hostname pattern entry field, enter "[*.]rapidlaunch.net" and ensure the Behavior option is set to Allow, then click Done
Enabling Pop-up Windows in Internet Explorer 10
- Select the Tools option, then select Internet Options
- To turn off the pop-up blocker, on the Privacy tab under Pop-up Blocker, uncheck the option Turn on pop-up blocker
- To leave the pop-up blocker turned on and allow pop-ups from the Rapid Launch website, click on Settings then at the Pop-up Blocker Settings window enter "*.rapidlaunch.net" into the Address of website to allow entry field and click Add then click Close
- At the Internet Options window, click OK
Enabling Pop-up Windows in Microsoft Edge
- Go to Settings and more... then Settings then Site Permissions
- Select Pop-ups and redirects
- Move the Block toggle to Off
Enabling Pop-up Windows in Firefox
- Click the Firefox menu icon in the top right of the toolbar
- Click Options
- A new Options tab or window will open, at this window select the Content tab
- To turn off the pop-up blocker, uncheck the option Block popup windows
- To leave the pop-up blocker turned on and allow pop-ups from the Rapid Launch website, click the Exceptions... button located to the right of Block pop-up windows then at the Allowed Sites - Popups window enter "*.rapidlaunch.net" in the Address of web site entry field and click Allow then click Save Changes
- Close the Options window
If you continue to have problems, in the first instance please contact your local IT support for assistance.